Since Iken's inception in 1992 we have understood our clients' need for an integrated system that simplifies collaborative working. Understanding that our software is a means to help support busy teams our focus is on developing solutions that enhance the way our clients work and make their day-to-day working lives easier.
Founded by Andrew Chester and Elizabeth Miles in 1992 Iken has grown into a market-leading international business with an open and friendly culture. With people who've been with us for over ten years, as well as an active graduate recruitment programme, Iken professionals are friendly, experienced and passionate about the company.
What we do
The 10 key ways that Iken will benefit your team In our clients' own words here are ten of the major benefits of using Iken:
1. EASE OF USE "Everyone within the team has really taken to Iken like a duck to water. And I would like to put on the record the positive way in which everyone at Iken has conducted themselves; professional, very friendly, always very responsive in terms of coming back to us and really helpful” Anthony Thorn, Isle of Wight Council
2. CENTRAL ACCESS “Our role is all about responding to the needs of people contacting us for advice, and being able to access information quickly is an intrinsic part of that. "With Iken, instead of having to fob people off while you find the person working on a case, or the paper file to get up to speed, I can just type the case reference in and update them straight away. What’s invaluable is that it doesn’t matter whether it’s your own case or not – the information’s available to everyone.” Michael Graham, Spelthorne Borough Council
3. EMAIL INTEGRATION “Where Iken’s made a real difference for us is in connecting our emails with our case management. "Iken’s allowed us to keep complete electronic files, opposed to saving emails across to a server or printing and filing a hard copy when they were sent, which we often had to do in the past.” Frank Cain, Wiltshire Council
4. PAPER-LIGHT WORKING “Our storage space for filing shrunk from 20 square metres per person to just one and a half. Some people who felt they would never be able to go paper-light are now working perfectly well with practically no paper.” Dave Cunningham, Cornwall Council
5. SAVING TIME “Team members no longer have to look up and re-enter the same information time after time because emails and documents are pre-populated with names, addresses, file references and other information at the point of creation. "Eliminating this repetition saves time, it's a big deal.” Hugh Peart, London Borough of Harrow
6. IMPROVED EFFICIENCY “We present key statistical information to the Central Services Performance Board on a regular basis. Since we’ve had Iken each time we’ve reported to the boards, each team has exceeded their target hours. "Over one three month period, the Property team surpassed their target by more than 30 percent! This is partly attributable to Iken having reduced the amount of administrative work we have to do.” Andrea Finan, Stoke-on-Trent City Council
7. RETURN ON INVESTMENT “We saved over £10,000 in the first year of using Iken Court & Document Bundling, the system quickly pays for itself; it really is spend to save.” Elizabeth Wilson, Durham County Council
8. RETRIEVING COSTS “Iken Time Recording has allowed us to accurately report the time we spend on a case and what that relates to in monetary terms. "In the last twelve months we’ve recovered over £100,000 in costs and that is thanks to being able to time record and produce reports that go into bills or cost schedules - and that amount will hopefully grow year on year.” Damian Boote, Greater Manchester Police
9. DEMONSTRATING VALUE “The department has historically had difficulties demonstrating exactly what is involved in fulfilling each request for work. "With Iken management reporting, we’ve been able to show how much work we actually complete for the different divisions and departments, how long it’s taken and the tasks involved. It’s really helped us show best value.” Samantha Waters, Dyfed Powys Police
10. POST-SALES CARE “Everyone in the team has really taken to Iken like a duck to water and I would like to put on the record the positive way in which everyone at Iken has conducted themselves; professional, very friendly, always very responsive in terms of coming back to us and really helpful - you don’t feel as though anything is too much time or trouble.” Anthony Thorn, Isle of Wight Council
To find out what else our clients say about Iken, have a look at our case studies.
Case & Matter Management
Iken Case and Matter Management software is all you need to keep your team's essential information together Iken removes the frustration of finding documents filed by other team members, as well as enabling quick and simple overviews of progress on a project or piece of work.
Using Iken Case and Matter Management makes tracking and retrieving your information easy and effective. How Iken can help you: With over 20 years' experience developing efficiency software for professional teams, Iken will: Make document retrieval, gaining a quick overview and working collaboratively easy by saving all of your documents, emails and scanned images into one place; Assist risk management for compliance by easily demonstrating audit trails; Auto-populate your documents with relevant information on creation; Support effective remote working; Link your documents, contacts and calendars.
Email & Document Management
How Iken can help you: With over 20 years' experience developing efficiency software for professional teams, Iken will: Create your emails and documents in context from their relevant case or work file; Enable you to save external emails and documents into the system with the click of a button; Use your organisation's precedents and templates to pre-populate standard email and document content on creation; Auto-populate your documents with relevant information, such as contact details and case information, on creation; Supply powerful search capabilities; so nothing stays lost for long.
Time Recording & Analysis
Iken Time Recording takes the pain out of management information and billing Iken Time Recording & Analysis provides you with all the information you need to set and monitor performance targets and accurately evidence your costs. Your team members can easily swap between multiple stopwatches and time can also be recorded automatically against open documents - so recording your time isn't a task in itself.
How Iken can help you: With over 20 years' experience developing efficiency software for professional teams, Iken Time Recording will: Enable you to record new time items at the click of a button; Make entering time for multiple different tasks, and switching between time entries, quick and simple; Provide you with detailed information to support billing costs; Provide detailed information to support workload and resource allocation; Enable you to set and measure informed performance targets.
Iken Time Recording is a stand alone product or comes as a standard, integrated module with Iken Case and Matter Management.
Court Bundling & Document Collation
Iken Court Bundling & Document Collation takes the stress out of bundle assembly Iken Court Bundling & Document Collation will see the end of laborious bundle assembly for you and your team. Electronic bundles can be created quickly and easily, with repagination and reindexing possible at the click of a button - not to mention the money you can save with reduced paper, printing and archiving costs. Court bundling and document collation concept colourful paper files.
How Iken can help you: With over 20 years' experience developing efficiency software for professional teams, Iken Court Bundling & Document Collation will: Dramatically reduce the time you spend assembling document bundles; Ensure that all copies of a bundle are consistent; Reduce paper, printing and archiving costs; Enable late additions and the creation of core bundles in seconds; Support electronic distribution and saving of bundles.
Iken MI makes demonstrating value easy Iken MI provides the evidence to demonstrate the value your department provides. Using Iken MI you can analyse turn around times for work types and set informed, measurable targets. As well as this you can produce detailed billing reports and automatically run important grouped reports for end of quarter, or end of year analysis. management information concept charts and a magnifying glass
Iken MI will: Deliver reports in Word, Excel or PDF formats; Allow you to group reports and run them as a group; Schedule grouped reports to run automatically on a selected date or interval; Enable you to customise existing reports or design and build your own bespoke reports; Produce reports on system administration information.
Iken Portal brings on demand, self service reports to your clients Iken Portal provides a self service platform for your clients to access on demand reports, keeping them up to date with the latest information and saving you time compiling and sending reports.
Iken Portal will: Provide self service access to your clients allowing them to check their reports whenever they need to Display client reports in real time with the most up-to-date information Enable all reports to be downloaded in PDF, Word and Excel formats Allow you to control who has access to reports on the Portal from within the Iken system Incorporate your organisation’s branding and style sheets on portal pages.
Iken Workflows make process mapping and reporting quick and simple Iken Workflows free up your team by saving them time on standard case work, as well as providing a consistent and documented approach to standard processes that supports management reporting.
Iken Workflows will: Allow you to easily create your own workflows to meet process mapping and reporting needs Automatically populate information into documents based on information recorded in workflow fields Support management reporting based on information saved in your workflows enable you to create documents, add contacts, limit access and set key dates from within the workflow Record changes to the workflow automatically, assisting with audit, security and risk management.
To find out more have a look at our product datasheets: http://iken.gwsclient.co.uk/resources/datasheets
Working with Local Government
In 2001 Worthing Borough Council's legal team became our first Local Government client. Since then we've grown our client base to over 150 Local Government in-house teams and over twenty Local Government shared services.
With a breadth of experience built up over the last fifteen years, we help a variety of teams to provide crucial back-office services using our flexible and effective software.
We understand Local Government in-house legal teams
Iken software has been developed with Local Government teams in mind. As a result we have tailored our products towards the way Local Government legal teams work, based on feedback from our clients.
With a proven track record of delivering efficiency and productivity savings to in-house teams we are now the market-leading suppliers of Case Management software to Local Government legal teams.
Iken is often described as intuitive by our Local Government legal clients, who see the system as fitting seamlessly with the way they work. This is a result of years of development based on the requirements of Local Government legal teams. These have been incorporated into our software, ensuring it's as closely aligned with the way your team works as possible.
Get in Contact
Tel: 0117 373 0790 or email email@example.com