Cost: £300 + VAT per delegate
This three hour webinar will examine good practice when drafting or advising on agreements for lease.
The webinar is suitable for all local authority lawyers acting in commercial leasehold transactions and dealing with lease renewal . It will explore:
- Preliminary Issues – does the LTA 1954 Act apply
- Section 25 Notices
- Grounds for Opposition – Ground F and Ground G
- Form 3 (section 26 Notices)
- Procedural Issues – Court applications, Extending time, The Lease Renewal Protocol
- Land Registration Issues
- Interim Rent
- Exchange of Information
- Rent on Renewal
- Applications for a New Tenancy
- Section 27 Notices
- Statutory Compensation and Compensation for Misrepresentation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Tenant’s Holding Over
- SDLT and Business Lease Renewal
- The New Lease
- The Competition Act 1998 and Lease Renewal
- Instructing Experts
- Case Law
The webinar will examine how to conduct negotiations on lease renewal and how to prepare for litigation.
Extensive notes will be provided and there will be an opportunity for delegate questions.