Cost: £389 + VAT
The Senior Information Risk Owner (SIRO) is a senior person responsible for risks associated with information and making sure it is stored, accessed and used appropriately.
This workshop will look at understanding accountability, responsibilities, applying risk management, and developing a risk culture to manage information in a Health and Social Care setting.
We will look at the legislative requirements and;
- How they apply to organisations Information, including technical and organisational procedures to protect information;
- How the SIRO works with other members of the Organisation is essential to the management of risk including the Information Governance Lead, Caldicott Guardian, Data Protection Officer and IT Security Manager;
- How the SIRO supports the Board and gives assurance with other members of the organisation
This is an interactive course with checklists, case studies and exercises.
- Basics of the SIRO and IAO role
- Information Governance basics (GDPR, NHS Toolkit, FOI etc)
- SIRO role with IG and managing information
- Basics of Information Risk
- Incident management
- Day to day operational practicalities
- Key stakeholder engagement and support
- Best practice