Cost: £215 + VAT per delegate. This includes access to session recordings on playback
Lawyers in Local Government (LLG) are delighted to introduce our first ever commercial law conference. Taking place online on Friday 10th September 2021, this is a unique full day conference with a distinct local government flavour. Across six sessions, the topics covered will include:
Along with our National Lead for Procurement, Kieran McGaughey, we'll be joined by leading experts in their field from some of the UK'S top ranked law firms. There will also be a panel discussion on public procurement featuring a number of QCs and leading lawyers practising in this field. The full programme list is available below (running order to be confirmed).
1. Tips for advising clients on subsidy control – whether granting or receiving a subsidy
Speakers: Alex Kynoch, Legal Director and Nat Avdiu, Associate
Law firm: Browne Jacobson
2. Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with suppliers
Speakers: Vincent King, Partner, Victoria Robertson, Partner and Gemma Fairbrother, Solicitor
Law firm: Weightmans
3. Software contracts (and the procurement of them)
Speakers: Amardeep Gill, Partner and Riccardo Abbate, Partner (third speaker TBC)
Law firm: Trowers & Hamlins
4. Panel event - Practical lessons for Councils from recent Procurement case law
Chaired by Michael Bowsher QC of Monckton Chambers.
Emily Heard, Partner and Head of Public Procurement, Bevan Brittan
Valentina Sloane QC, also of Monckton Chambers.
5. Alternatives to procurement - Shared services, Teckal and insourcing
Speakers: Stephanie Rickard, Partner and Ed Rimmell, Partner
Law firm: VWV
6. Net-zero and beyond: How to factor environmental considerations into your procurement and contracts
Speakers: Gayle Monk, Senior Associate and Natalie Barbosa, Senior Associate
Law firm: Anthony Collins Solicitors
I'm not a member of LLG. Can I attend this conference?
Yes, bookings are available to all including procurement and commercial officers working in local government, private sector law firms and other in-house legal teams.