Cost: £2150 + vat
The fee includes:
- 4 days of interactive learning with a leading FOI expert
- Lunch and refreshments
- Hard copies of all relevant legislation and guidance
- Access to an online resource lab with links, guidance and over 10 hours of videos
The Act Now FOI Practitioner Certificate is the qualification for those wishing to acquire detailed knowledge of FOI and related information access legislation in a practical context.
The course has been designed by leading FOI experts including Ibrahim Hasan and Susan Wolf, formerly a senior lecturer on the University of Northumbria's LLM in Information Rights Law.
Why this course is different
- An emphasis on the practical application of FOI rather than just learning dry law;
- Lots of real life case studies and exercises;
- An emphasis on drafting Refusal Notices;
- An online Resources Lab with links, guidance and over 10 hours of videos; and
- Modern assessment methods rather than a closed book exam.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone working within the public sector who needs to learn about FOI and related legislation in a practical context, as well as those with the requisite knowledge wishing to have it recognised through a formal qualification. It is most suitable for:
- FOI Officers
- Data Protection Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Legal Advisers