The West Yorkshire local authorities and City of York Council have begun the procurement of a new legal services framework.
The procurement is being led by Leeds City Council. The other participating authorities are: City of York Council; the West Yorkshire Combined Authority; Kirklees Council; City of Bradford MDC; Calderdale Council; Wakefield Council.
The framework will comprise of 10 lots:
- Childcare Law
- Adult Social Service and Community Law
- General Litigation
- Routine Property
- Contracts, Commercial and IT
- Highways and Environmental
- Major and Complex Procurements
- Local Government Law and Corporate Governance
- Employment Law and Pensions
- Public Health.
The framework is set to last 36 months, with scope for one 12-month extension.
In May 2013 the West Yorkshire councils and City of York named 23 law firms to provide legal advice under the current framework.