Two social housing organisations in the North of England are to set up solicitors panels worth up to £15m over four years.
North Star Housing Group and Two Castles Housing Association said the framework contract was required to “provide external legal services from independent firms of solicitors in the private sector to support the in-house provision”.
The six lots are:
- Property transactions: to include all types of conveyancing and non-contentious housing and landlord and tenant law;
- Housing management and dispute resolution;
- Corporate and commercial: to include governance;
- Development, construction and procurement: to include construction contracts and development agreements;
- Employment and pensions: to include advisory and tribunal matters;
- Treasury, loans and finance: to include all treasury, loans and finance matters.
Each lot is said to have an estimated value of £2.5m. The award criteria will be quality (weighting: 70) and price (weighting: 30).
North Star owns and manages more than 3,000 properties across the Tees Valley and County Durham. Two Castles meanwhile owns and manages more than 3,500 properties across the North of England.