The South East Consortium, whose members collectively manage more than 140,000 properties, has issued a prior information notice on its plan to establish a legal services framework.
The framework is to cover a range of legal advice and related services, namely:
• Housing and Asset Management
• Development and Construction
• Property Sales and Disposals
• Employment and Pensions
• Corporate Governance and Regulation
• Procurement and Contract Law
• Treasury and Finance
• Service and Leaseholder Charges.
The contract is to be divided into lots.
The South East Consortium was established in 2005 to achieve procurement savings for social housing providers. It now also includes local authorities, education and health related organisations.
Members include AmicusHorizon, Hexagon Housing, Network Housing, Moat and Town and Country Housing as well as Ashford, Basildon, Canterbury, Surrey and Thanet Councils.