The South East Consortium, a not-for-profit organisation that aims to provide efficiency savings for the public sector bodies in the region, has begun the tendering of a legal services framework.
The agreement will cover a range of legal advice and related services. It is divided into the following lots:
- Housing and Asset Management
- Development and Construction
- Property Sales and Disposals
- Employment and Pensions
- Corporate Governance and Regulation, Procurement and Contract Law
- Treasury and Finance
- Service and Leasehold Charges
The contract is scheduled to start on 7 November 2016 and end on 6 November 2020.
Members of the South East Consortium collectively manage more than 140,000 homes. The consortium was originally set up in 2005 for social housing providers but its membership now also includes local authorities as well as education and health related organisations.