National law firm Weightmans has promoted eleven lawyers to partner in its first promotions round since 2019.
The new partners are:
- Katie Price, Birmingham, Disease
- Sarah Hopwood, Birmingham, Healthcare
- Louise Mutch, Liverpool, Large Loss
- Simon Forster, Manchester, Large Loss
- Sam Gittoes, Liverpool, Motor
- Sarah Walker, Birmingham, WTE
- Martin English, Liverpool, Regulatory
- Lee Rogers, Liverpool, Employment
- Jon Gregson, Liverpool, Employment
- Andrew Forrest, Birmingham, Employment
- Amy Nesbitt, Newcastle, Litigation
In addition to the partner promotions, Weightmans has promoted three to Legal Director, 28 to Principal Associate and 43 solicitors to Associate.
The appointments were effective from 1 May 2021.
Managing Partner John Schorah said: "The last year has seen many challenges, taking measures to preserve people’s jobs at a period of great uncertainty but still maintaining the quality and exceptional levels of service our clients come to us for.
“We worked quickly to ensure we responded to new demands and identify emerging opportunities. Our people worked tirelessly throughout, and the support we have had from them is nothing short of inspiring.
“I would like to congratulate our new Partners, Principal Associates, Legal Directors and Associates for their achievement, with some of them being with us right from the beginning of their careers. Their focus on the client, support for each other and maintenance of high standards, particularly in the last twelve months, is integral to our success, and I know that they will continue to work hard to deliver creative solutions and results.”