Kent Council-owned Invicta Law has been appointed alongside 13 law firms, 18 chambers and two other businesses to a £60m framework agreement providing legal and other services to the member authorities of Orbis Public Law.
Orbis Public Law is a partnership between Brighton and Hove City Council, East Sussex County Council, Surrey County Council and West Sussex County Council legal service departments.
The framework was procured by Surrey on behalf of itself and the other Orbis Public Law authorities. It will be available for use by the district and borough councils within the Orbis Public Law counties.
The framework was divided into legal services for the following lots:
1. Adult Social Care.
3. SEN Tribunals and Education.
4. Commercial Law, Contracts and Procurement, Telecoms and IT Law, Construction Law.
5. FOI, GDPR, Monitoring Officer, Local Government Law, Information Law and Media.
6. Environment, Highways, Planning, Property and Housing.
7. Litigation including (but not Limited to) Civil, Criminal, Environmental Health, Licencing and Housing, Employment and Contentious Construction.
8. Legal Counsel/Advocacy Services for Lots 1-7.
9A. Children’s Social Care - Part A - Transactional Case Work
9B. Children’s Social Care - Part B - Counsel/Advocacy.
10. Costs Lawyers.
11. Lost Adjusters.
The successful firms, barristers’ chambers and other businesses were:
- Acuity Legal (2, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Addleshaw Goddard (2)
- 42 Bedford Row (9B)
- Bevan Brittan (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Birketts (7)
- 4 Brick Court (9B)
- CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang (2)
- Cornerstone Barristers (8)
- 12CP (8)
- Creighton and Partners (9A)
- 1 Crown Office Row (8, 9B)
- DAC Beachcroft (2, 6)
- Davies Group (11)
- Davitt Jones Bould (6)
- 39 Essex Chambers (8)
- 5 Essex Court (8)
- Eversheds Sutherland (2)
- Field Court Chambers (1, 6, 7, 8, 9B)
- Five Paper (8)
- Francis Taylor Building (8)
- Freeths (2, 4, 6)
- Garden Court Chambers (9B)
- 1GC (9B)
- Hardwicke (8)
- Harmans Costs (10)
- Invicta Law (1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9A)
- Irwin Mitchell (6, 7)
- 11KBW (8)
- Landmark Chambers (8)
- New Court Chambers (9B)
- Pallant Chambers (8, 9B)
- Sharpe Pritchard (4, 5, 6, 7)
- Tupwood Chambers (8)
- Venters Solicitors (9A, 9B)
The term of the framework agreement is three years plus a three-year optional extension period.