The Crown Commercial Service has launched the procurement of a £64m framework for the provision of costs law services to the public sector.
This will replace the previous (expired) Law Costs Draftsman Services framework.
The CCS said the policy drivers supporting the development and procurement of the replacement framework were to:
- provide buyers with a route to market compliant with EU regulations;
- offer a simplified agreement for both buyers and suppliers;
- be attractive to small-medium sized enterprises (SMEs); and
- achieve value for money.
This framework will consist of three lots:
- General Costs Law Services;
- Clinical Negligence Specialist Services; and
- Security Clearance Specialist Services.
The framework will be established for 24 months with option to extend for 2 periods of 12 months. It will provide services to buyers in England and Wales.
The contracts will be awarded on the basis of quality (weighting: 70) and price (weighting: 30).
It is envisaged that contracts will be awarded to seven suppliers for Lots 1 and 2 and three suppliers for Lot 3.