The deadline for submissions for the inaugural Local Government Legal Awards is now just seven days away.
The awards – organised by Lawyers in Local Government – will recognise outstanding achievement in the following categories:
- Adult Social Care and Health;
- Children Services and Education;
- Employment Law;
- Housing and Regeneration;
- Information Management;
- Junior Lawyer of the Year;
- Litigation and Licensing;
- Individual Local Government Lawyer of the Year;
- Local Government Legal Team of the Year;
- Monitoring Officer and Governance;
- Partnership and Procurement;
- Planning, Highways and Environment.
In an interview to be published soon on this website, LLG President Phil Thomson said the aim of the awards was to celebrate achievement across local government law.
By highlighting the excellent work done in the sector, the awards would help further raise the profile of local government lawyers, he added.
The awards will be made at a black tie ceremony at the Rosewood Hotel in London on 29 November 2014, with tickets costing just £60.