In this 8-part podcast series, hosts David Lock QC and Samantha Broadfoot QC present an in-depth guide to the law on police pensions.
This resource provides information on the law relating to police pensions and will explain the essentials of the complex legal scheme.
The website is designed to assist:
- Serving and retired police officers who want to know whether they are entitled to an ill-health or injury pension
- Police Federation staff and representatives
- Staff employed by Chief Constables who have to provide advice to and make decisions on behalf of Chief Constables in their capacity as Police Pension Authorities
- Doctors who are working as a Selected Medical Practitioner or as members of the Police Medical Appeal Board
- Solicitors and counsel working for either pension claimants or for Police Forces.
This resource page will include eight chapters and eight associated podcasts. David and Samantha will be releasing further chapters and further podcasts over the coming weeks. Please keep this page bookmarked to stay up to date with new chapters and podcasts.
About the speakers
David Lock QC
David Lock was called to the Bar in 1985 and made a QC in 2011. He has appeared in the Supreme Court (most recently in July 2018), the Court of Appeal on many occasions, the High Court, the County Court, the Court of Protection, has drafted Parliamentary Bills and has advised individuals, companies and government bodies in a variety of international jurisdictions. He has vast trial experience, including cross-examining expert and lay witnesses, but also has a wide-ranging public law and appellate practice.
Samantha Broadfoot QC