Two housing associations in the West Midlands are to procure legal services panels worth between £10m and £40m over four years.
Midland Heart and Walsall Housing Group are acting as a joint contracting authority for the framework agreement, which will be made available to other housing providers as well as local authorities in the Midlands conurbation.
The two organisations envisage a minimum 5 and a maximum 28 participants to the framework agreement. There will be seven lots:
- Lot 1 — Governance, Corporate, Regulatory and Statutory.
- Lot 2 — Treasury and Finance.
- Lot 3 — Securitisation.
- Lot 4 — Homelessness, Housing Management, Home Ownership, Asset Management.
- Lot 5 — Property, Development, Construction
- Lot 6 — Employment, TUPE and Pensions.
- Lot 7 — Contracts, Commercial, Procurement, Health and Safety.
The initial contract period will be for two years commencing on or about 1 July 2016. Midland Heart and WHG will then have the option to extend the arrangements for up to a further two years.
The estimated value excluding VAT of the agreement is between £10m and £40m.
Midland Heart provides 33,000 affordable homes to more than 70,000 customers, while WHG owns and manages around 19,000 across Walsall.