The National Audit Office has named three law firms to a legal services panel worth an estimated £750,000.
The spending watchdog does not have an in-house legal team and has been seeking to appoint experienced advisers who possess a sound track record of providing legal service in certain areas.
The successful firms were:
- Lot 1: British constitutional law: Bircham Dyson Bell.
- Lot 2: Public law: Bircham Dyson Bell.
- Lot 3: General commercial law: Browne Jacobson.
- Lot 4: Human Resources law: Capsticks.
- Lot 5: Local public audit law: Bates Wells Braithwaite.
Bidders were “expected to possess, and be able to demonstrate, authoritative knowledge of the UK public sector; the legal issues it faces and, where appropriate, how these affect the NAO in its capacity as the United Kingdom's principal public sector audit body”.