The Financial & Commercial Litigation Team at Brent Council was named ‘Legal Team of the Year’ at the LLG Virtual Awards 2020, which were held last night.
Also receiving recognition in this category, which was sponsored by Anthony Collins Solicitors and Thomson Reuters, were the Litigation and Prosecutions Team at the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham (highly commended), the Litigation Team at Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council (highly commended) and Nplaw at Norfolk County Council (commended).
Dennis Hall meanwhile won the LLG Life-Time Achievement Award, sponsored by VWV, which "recognises an individual’s longstanding commitment to the Local Government Legal Profession whilst upholding standards of Public Service. It acknowledges their dedication to the work of LLG and its predecessors together with outstanding achievement in the field of Local Government Law, Practice and/or Governance."
The winners and commendations in the other categories were:
Governance Lawyer/Team of the Year (sponsored by Trowers & Hamlins; DPS Software)
- Winner: Governance Team at Warwickshire County Council
- Highly commended: Joanna Stevens of Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
People Lawyer/Team of the Year (sponsored by Bevan Brittan; Wesleyan)
- Winner: Community Safety/Education Team at Birmingham City Council
Place Lawyer/Team of the Year (sponsored by Wilkin Chapman; Shoosmiths)
- Winner: Legal Services Team at Derbyshire Dales District Council
- Highly commended: Chris Gaunt of Milton Keynes Council
- Commended: Commercial Team at Brent Council
Junior Lawyer of the Year (sponsored by Iken; Browne Jacobson)
- Winner: Shaidah Ramzan of the London Borough of Brent
- Highly commended: Sara Fayaz of Gedling Borough Council
- Commended: Christopher Crichton of Wealden District Council
Legal Professional Lawyer of the Year (sponsored by Eversheds; Weightmans)
- Winner: Guy Darvill of Warwickshire County Council
- Highly commended: Maria de Leiburne of Mid Devon District Council
- Commended: Daniel Hollingsworth of Tower Hamlets Legal Service