The Town and Country Housing Group (TCHG) has issued an invitation to tender for a development land and property conveyancing services framework worth an estimated £600,000 over four years.
The procurement is being run on the group’s behalf by the South East Consortium.
TCHG said: “The main objectives of this framework are to appoint suitable qualified legal services providers to provide a responsive and comprehensive legal advisory and management service.
“The types of legal activity required will include advice and guidance on relevant law, drafting, negotiation and review of legal documents, advice and assistance on structuring of commercial transactions, advice and assistance on funding issues, compliance with relevant government policy and guidance, construction of contracts, licences and other legal documents, legal risk management, training as required.”
The scope of work is to cover the following areas:
- Acquisition of land for development including acquisitions of s106 affordable housing units.
- Acquisition and grant of easements.
- Disposals of individual properties from stock.
- Title reports for land owned by us and intended for development.
- Negotiation of s106, s38, s104 and other infrastructure agreements.
- Grant, acquisition, renewal and termination of commercial leases.
- Shared ownership and private sale plot disposals, disposals under the right to acquire/ right to buy and stair-casing under shared ownership leases.
- Ad hoc legal advice.
TCHG provides more than 9,500 affordable homes in 15 local authority areas in Kent and Sussex.